Enduro of the Wolves, 4Enduro Series – March 24th, 2019, Coggiola (BI)
A full of satisfactions weekend for the second stage of the 4Enduro championship, in what has always been our home race.
This race is ride on the trails where most of our athletes organize their weekend outings or training sessions.
Every year, the appointment with the Enduro of the Wolves is always very much awaited by the team guys, for many of whom it is often the only race of the season or, for the younger, the first chance to stick the number on the handlebar.
There could therefore be no better occasion to showcase our new team colours! The team raced for the first time with the brand new blue-orange uniforms that take the place of the black and white of last season.
A very long race (over 40 km for the complete race), with special trails characterized by very technical alternated with truly selective paths.
Even here, as in the last appointment, the heat is the protagonist! Paths that are so dry that they even create road holding problems, almost like a wet path.
Really good results for the team:
- Filippo Masotti 1st in his category and 11th overall
- Alberto Stopani 9th in his category and 32nd overall
- Andrea Valsesia 17th in his category and 116th overall
- Mattia Carola 40th in his category and 157th overall
- Paolo Rosas 26th in his category and 167th overall
- Matteo Covolo 25th in his category and 167th overall
- Alessandro Zanello and Filippo Trabucco are unfortunately forced to withdraw
Great performance by our Filippo Masotti who conquers the highest step of the podium in the amateur classification, at the end of a beautiful race that has always seen him protagonist in all the special trails, demonstrating that hard work always pays off!
Good placements also in the category of young/beginners, who face a shorter path:
- Francesco Gardina 5th in his category and 25th overall
- Giosuè Guccini 37th in his category and 53th overall
Congratulations to all our guys and to the organization for the wonderful race.
Next meeting in Pietra Ligure (SV) on April 7th for the first stage of the Superenduro championship.
Written by Davide Detratti, GRBT athlete. Currently supporter as he is engaged in a specialization for study. Photos by Barbara Ragazzi. We always thank her heartily!