ION Cup, 1st event – Cervinia, August 30th
Few months went by since athletes from Guidi Rosas Bike Team got back riding, after Covid 19 stop.
They finally got the opportunity to post racing numbers on their steering, to compete against timer and direct competitors, for the first event of ION CUP, last August 30th in Cervinia (Aosta).
A “winter weekend” since the first lap of Saturday under a cold rain, to continue on Sunday with a start under the very first snow of the year.
Luckily enough weather got better, and the third lap was run under the sun.
Excellent results for our athletes despite the weather:
- Filippo Masotti was leading during the first two laps and then forced by a technical problem to slow down during the final part, scoring an excellent 3rd overall;
- excellent also Alberto Stopani 4th overall even if he did not run on Saturday;
- Michele Angeletti was nicely 10th;
- 41st position for the always present Andrea Valsesia, almost in the best three of his category getting 4th;
- Alessandro Ceruetto got 55th;
- Dario Zaccagnino got 57th;
- Fabio Grotto, due to an accident, did not finish the race with no injuries for himself. We are sure he will be back on track at the next occasion to prove his value.
Right after a good re-start for our athletes it is time to think at big events, with the Italian Enduro Championship in Calci (PI): this is one of the best moments of the season because they will run for the “Italian Shirts”.
Text by Davide Detratti, Athlete of the GRBT.