A surprisingly elegant building built in 1543, in which different architectures and styles coexist, frescoes and pictorial decorations of great value, a delightful outdoor area and a central position in the most visited part of the old city of Genoa, at the end of via Garibaldi:
all this is palazzo della Meridiana, a 16th century home opened to the public in the autumn of 2010.
The building is one of the earliest and most significant pieces of evidence of the architectural renewal of Genoa. The sundial drawn on the façade gave the name to both the building and the square below it, exactly on the corner with the magnificent via Garibaldi, originally called “Strada Nuova”, or New Street.
Palazzo della Meridiana is one of the “Palazzi dei Rolli”, a system of 42 genoese buildings that in 2006 became a Unesco world heritage site. Under the current ownership, it has undergone long and thorough conservative restoration work and now has rooms outfitted specifically for receptions, exhibitions, meetings and events. These include the Art nouveau rooms designed by Gino Coppedè, and the great hall with its large frescoes by Luca Cambiaso.
Piazza della Meridiana, 1 (entrance by Salita San Francesco, 4)
Genova tel. 010 2541996 firstname.lastname@example.org